November 20, 2011

First Blog

So, I'm not really sure how to blog, or what to blog about, but I thought I would give it a try. Right now, I'm working on a project. Now, the project is about Native American Reservations, and as if that isn't complicated enough (mine is all the way in Nevada), the assignment has been changed approximately three times. I'm not really sure what was going through my teacher's head to make her change it so many times, but whatever it was, I bet it was really out there. She never really understands what is going on around her. Which can be pretty funny sometimes. But anyway, I now have to make a Glogster, which is an online poster. I don't know why we can't just make a normal poster, but whatever. We also have to make a video, to embed into our glogster. So right now, I am blogging, trying to figure out iMovie, researching the Battle of Pyramid Lake, and "glogging". I think that I have a little too much going on, and I probably shouldn't be blogging. You know, homework is really important and everything.

I don't really feel like talking about school though. I think that I want to make this a daily thing. I was never really good at keeping a journal, so I think a blog might be easier. I can show this to my friends, or whatever, or I can just never send the link to anyone, and have no one discover me ever. Yeah right. "I wanna be famous, star of the scene!" For anyone who doesn't get that, it's from Drive My Car, one of the most amazing Beatles' songs ever. Anyway, I should probably say first that dance is my passion. I really want to get into this Arts school, and I pray everyday since I sent my application in (yesterday). I think that if dance doesn't get to be a part of my life, well, then God just wasted a soul. I think that without dance, or theater, or whatever it is that you love, life is pointless. Just my thoughts. I also enjoy writing, which is why I'm pretty excited about this blog. I certainly have been inspired. My inspiration comes in the form of lovely Ms Sarah Dessen. I think that she just might be the greatest writer on the planet earth (you know, next to JK Rowling, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, and all those). She is a young adult other who has made me realize that my writing sucked. So I followed her formula. After reading every single one of her books, I noticed that she had a pattern. A pretty girl, on the outskirts of society, has an event in her life that she wishes to forget, but can't. She deals with family problems, and social problems, and of course, there's a boy. A boy that she starts off being "just friends" with, and they have a special connection with each other. Whether, it's carpool, or music, or insomnia, or a dead parent, they find a way to grow closer, and of course end up in love. Her writing is just fabulous, and I suggest her to everyone in need of a new author. I love her books so much, and she has inspired me greatly. So, I have started writing a story. It is about a girl named Sari Wilson, who lives with her father, sister, stepmom, and stepsister. It isn't very far along, but I think it's getting there. I think maybe I'll let you guys read it. You know, if anyone even reads this. Which I doubt will happen. But maybe it will be nice to just have my work out there. Really, the main way to get noticed on the internet is by singing on YouTube, but I am a terrible singer. I have a solo in showchoir, but I can tell my teacher thinks it was a mistake. I can tell by the look on her face. It's a look of, "Uh, oh! This girl sucks, but I told her she should audition, I'm the one who gave her the solo! What have I done!" That kind of thing. I offered to do a different song, because I sound terrible on the one I'm singing now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa5nUD0k9XQ). Her response? "oh, I don't think we're at that point yet."

I think I should probably actually do my homework, instead of just having the tab open so if anyone comes in my room, they think I'm working. Yeah, right! This was pretty fun. I think I'm gonna do this more often. See ya later (imaginary people)


Dum vita est, spes est

No comments:

Post a Comment