January 24, 2012

Embarrassment

Hey! Well, I know that it's been a while (actually it's been since November 30th) since I've written, but I just haven't had much to write about. I mean, I'm always writing, but it's usually stuff that isn't about to go on the internet (actually it will never leave my little purple journal and will never be read by anyone except me). However, I finally have a topic to write about. So I quit my showchoir solo, basically because I didn't want to embarrass myself and I hated the song. At one point, the lyrics are "you're a vegetable, you're a vegetable, still they hate you, you're a vegetable, you're just a buffet, you're a vegetable, they eat off of you, you're a vegetable" Seriously. Those are the lyrics. You can even look them up: Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' by Michael Jackson. Anyway, today I got incredibly embarrassed. Last year, on a fieldtrip to Massachusettes, during the long bus ride, I started to sing (badly) a song that we learned in fourth grade, and play the drum part on my knees. Little did I know, my friend Olivia was filming me. For the morning announcements, there was a video about how my grade will be missed when we go off to high school. After watching a clip of a boy dancing to "Wanna Be" by the Pussy Cat Dolls, it cut to the video of me. In front of the whole school. It was awful, and only got worse as the clip ended and text popped up saying "Remember that?" So now I want to hear in the comments (as if I'm actually talking to anyone) what your most embarrassing moments were. I think that humiliation is the worst. Well, enjoy recalling some of the most mortifying moments in your life!

Dum vita est, spes est

No comments:

Post a Comment